Sunday, November 18, 2007

Small red and black books

Living in South Africa I had to know some basics about BEE. Financial Mail was a good source amongst others. Now I’ve reached that point where I’m chaffed with knowledge on that area… I understand, but yet still not… and that’s the end of that.

I’ve been busy reading famous quotes by famous people lately… wise words… and for some reason dropped by Mao Tse Tung’s Little Red Book. Funny how things attract... whether it's the communism thing that haunts me, or tiny little... yet significant books. Whilst reading the newspaper today I stumbled over an ad by Financial Mail: “The Little Black Book – The ultimate network of black decision makers”! I burst out laughing before I realized it’s actually for real… not a joke! Shouldn’t it rather be The Little Rainbow Book in South African true spirit?! No wonder business is restricted to a small group of people… you probably find all of them in this little book… accounting for 80% of business.

No comments: